Friday, February 4, 2011

Reminder - Second season premiere of NBC's "Who Do You Think You Are?"

For anyone who was a fan of the first season of this show, the second season premieres tonight at 8 p.m. on NBC - I believe Vanessa Williams is the subject of the first episode.

I loved the first season of this show. I don't think I learned anything new about how to better do genealogy research but I loved watching other people travel down the roads I've already traveled and the emotions that came with it - the excitement, the frustration, the sadness, the feeling of discovering a little bit more about who you are and the feeling of getting to know and getting close to your family who came before. This show follows celebrities but I think their stories are our stories, whether we're famous or not. We can all relate to the wonder of the genealogy journey.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I think I cried at some point during every single one of last season's six episodes. And every single episode pumped me up to continue my own genealogy journey.

NBC, 8 p.m., "Who Do You Think You Are?" - watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment