Saturday, May 14, 2011

All good things must come to an end...

So, unfortunately, I'm back in New York. I had hoped to post more than the lame once that I did while I was still in South Carolina but any of you who have ever been to this family history conference already knew what I learned this past week - I was up by six each day, in workshops by eight, and busy with activities until 10 at night. By the time I got back to the hotel, I was plumb tuckered out (the Southern accent and lingo is lingering, y'all!) And then on Thursday I actually had an hour before bed to write some stuff...and Blogger was down.

Ah, the universe.

Anyway, I actually can't write much right now either, but I wanted to let everyone know that the National Genealogical Society's family history conference was an amazing experience - I learned some new resources and research methods, met some great people (including a woman who works for FamilySearch out in Utah who had been to Hempstead last summer, including my St. George's Episcopal Church, to research her own family tree - small world!), got to see the church my family worshipped at in the early 1700s, made use of the local history room at the Charleston Public Library, had my genealogy battery recharged, and even solved my Meta Tiedemann Ricklefs hometown riddle!

So, fingers crossed, I should be posting a bunch of different entries over the next week or so going into more detail. In the mean time, I was able to tweet throughout the conference, so if you're looking for a taste of what it was like or to read something that's a little bit more real-time of the experience, you can read up on my Twitter name, @marygenealogy79. There's a scroll on the front of this blog or you can just go to Twitter. Can't wait to share more with yous (oh no, the New Yorker in me is back! lol) later!

No comments:

Post a Comment