Friday, January 6, 2012

NBC Announces The Celebrities Tracing Their Family Trees On Season Three Of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Premiering February 3

NBC Announces The Celebrities Tracing Their Family Trees On Season Three Of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Premiering February 3


I hate how easy this show makes genealogy research look - on our NEHGS field trip, Cousin April and I teased online genealogist David Allen Lambert that we were waiting for him to simply present us with our completed family tree, drawn out on a fancy scroll and everything, like it happens for all the celebrities who visit the NEHGS on "Who Do You Think You Are?" - but I love that this show brings genealogy to the forefront of pop culture, I love seeing the excitement and wonder and awe each celebrity feels upon each new family history discovery, and I love that it might spark a genealogical interest in at least one viewer who is not me :)

Looks like a good mix of family history backgrounds - welcome back, show!

1 comment: