Sunday, February 5, 2012

In honor of Super Bowl Sunday: Tim Gorry makes a defensive touchdown

My dad loves football. He played football in high school for Chaminade High School in Mineola and in college for St. John's University. He's an avid Jets fan and passed that love of his team down to my brother, Denis. I'm more of a Giants fan, but I think I've started to inherit that love of the sport and I know that when we're watching a team together, I can always depend on my dad to explain things to me and answer all my questions. This is a newspaper article from 1970, I think, my dad's senior year of high school, in which he made a defensive touchdown. Go, Dad! And go Giants! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your dad played for St. John's? Would he like to participate in the St. John's Oral History Project I'm working on? I havent gotten to interview anyone who played on the football team.

    ReplyDelete