Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cousin April's Family History Month project

Every year, Cousin April does a project to commemorate Family History Month, which is October. Last year, she started her genealogy blog Digging up the Dirt on My Dead People, and this year, she asked her cousins to contribute a guest post.

In case you're not familiar, Cousin April and I are sixth cousins once removed. That's right - our common ancestors, Jacob and Rebecca Raynor, were alive shortly after the American Revolution. In fact, the quest to discover the as-yet-unknown-parentage of Jacob Raynor is what brought us together. Cousin April has been both a wonderful genealogy teacher and collaborator, a great support system for when the going gets tough, which is always does, and someone to spitball and brainstorm ideas and strategies with - she has shared invaluable research with me that she conducted on her own, and I think we've made some interesting discoveries and had some fun genealogical adventures together. So it was an honor for me to be included in her cousin-round-up and asked to contribute a post for her blog. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what she comes up with for a Family History Month project next year!

You can read my guest post on her blog here, and make sure to check out the rest of her blog while you're over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment