Thursday, January 13, 2011

From thegrio.com - DNA used to reveal MLK and Garvey's European lineage

This is the latest genealogical technology I am currently fascinated by - how amazing that our very persons at the actual units of our physical make-up can connect us to the people we came from! And how amazing that anybody, but particularly those for whom the lack of actual documentation, such as people of African descent, now have a means to at least partially unlock the door to where they came from! I love the multidisciplinary nature of genealogy and am dying to trace my own genetic tree - not just the countries my ancestors came from but the groups of people they belonged to, even though my ethnic background, at all European, is fairly homogeneous. These tests are still pretty expensive - that's what I'm collecting all my loose change for! :)

http://www.thegrio.com/black-history/dna-used-to-reveal-mlk-and-garveys-african-lineage.php

No comments:

Post a Comment