Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday's obituary - Mary Story Poole


From the December 23, 1902 issue of The Brooklyn Daily Eagle: "Funeral of Mrs. Poole, Ocean Side, L.I., December 23 - The funeral of Mrs. Mary O. Poole, widow of Richard Poole, who died on Friday, aged 75 years, took place yesterday afternoon and was attended by a large number of relatives and friends. The interment was made in the Old Church cemetery at Lynbrook. Mrs. Poole was an old and esteemed resident, having lived here all her life. She was a daughter of the late Morris Story and leaves four grown children."

The Old Church cemetery is now Rockville Cemetery in Lynbrook. Mary Story Poole was my 3rd great-grandmother. Her daughter Annie married Joseph James "J.J." Raynor - they were my great great grandparents. There is still a lot of research I need to do on both the Poole and Story lines of my family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment